Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's About Time

     Sometimes it's all you can do to make it through each day.  My blogging came to an abrupt halt when our home was destroyed in a wildfire.   A few months later, my heart broke when I suffered a second trimester miscarriage of our son, Gabriel.  It has taken all my energy, time, and effort to take care of our family during this transition period.  It's not over yet, but I hope things will settle down soon. Meanwhile here is a small update on my locks.
      My locks are now a little over three years old. I am still loving having locks. Getting my hair done once every 6-7 weeks; is my one brief little indulgence.  Otherwise my locks take hardly any time at all.  That's a good thing, because I hardly have any time at all. I am looking forward to having my locks cut into more of a style when they grow long enough. The following pictures are in chronological order since my last post in 2011!

My girls and I at our friend's wedding
 The reason why I went silent.....
 My oldest daughter and I are going to our first opera.
 My neighbor won the Extreme Home Makeover!

 Today.



6 comments:

  1. Your beauty is amazing. Not just on the outside--but within--and it truly radiates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! I can relate I went silent on mine as well. I am glad your locs are still going strong. They are so long! Mine only shows it's length when I curl it. So sorry to hear about your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to see a recent post from you again. Sorry to hear about your house and trust that things are working out better for you and your family. I wanted to let you know how much of an inspiration your blog was to me. I have permed ends with my locks (now 2 months old). Reading about how you dealt with your relaxed ends has really helped me. Your locks are still looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dominica,

    I was just stumped as to why you went off the radar. I am so very happy that your family is safe and well. Blessings over you and your new haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words, ladies. As a few of you have remarked on my fast growth, I felt I needed to explain the cause; but I couldn't do it without updating the post. My hair got a boost from pregnancy hormones; however, I miscarried our little one at 16 weeks. I have since cut my hair (last week), but haven't had time to post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya!
    Firstly, you're such a gorgeous black lady! =D
    Secondly, I'm sorry about what happened to your home but I'm glad you and your family are okay.
    And thirdly, you're SUCH a GORGEOUS lady!
    I know it's been a year so I don't know how often you come on your blog or if you'll see this comment soon, but anyway...
    I'm Sihle from Jamaica, and I'm going to be 18 in a few months. I have relaxed hair that falls to a tiny bit past my shoulders. My mother's locks have been in for 7 years now and I've grown to love them. They are beautiful. Since last year I've been seriously considering going natural and locking my hair. I get excited whenever I see some nice neat locks.
    In searching for advice I came upon your blog. Do you have advice for the transition to natural hair? Should I check your archives?
    All the best on your journey on the natural path. God be with you.

    ReplyDelete