Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 1 and Soft Spikes


      
         I didn't think I'd have anything to report during this first month, but I was wrong. Around the third day after installation, I began to experience a great deal of itching. It was highly annoying. I think it was my scalp's attempt to release some of the tension of the hair being pulled tight. Perhaps I'm wrong, but the itching has mostly subsided, and my hair doesn't feel like it's been pulled tight anymore.
        Yesterday, our normal homeschooling park-day was canceled due to heavy rain.  I decided to run errands instead.  This was my first small taste of freedom from relaxers.  I'm almost always carrying a child, so I almost never carry umbrellas. My hair got wet several times getting in and out of the car. By the end of the day, the relaxed ends were frizzy.  The Sisterlocks were great. Fortunately my Soft-spikes arrived in the mail that day.  Right before bed, I decided to just "play-around" with them. I rolled my hair haphazardly, and went to sleep.  The results were great.  The kids loved the curls. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the sisterlocks! I am looking forward to getting them installed in January/February 2010. My last relaxer was July 2009. Today my sister and I are going to (gulp!) trim my hair-- to get rid of the split ends before I get it braided next weekend. I will definitely check out your blog frequently to see how you are doing with your relaxed ends. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete