Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First Wash and Braid Out














Yesterday was the first time I washed my locks. I braided and banded my hair the night before.  To control itching, I treated my scalp with full strength apple cider vinegar before washing. I used my fingertips to apply the vinegar.  Personally, I didn't care for the Sisterlocks shampoo. It didn't get my scalp clean, but in all fairness I had a lot of skin cells from the subboratic dermatitis.  I ended up washing with the Sisterlocks shampoo, a tea tree shampoo, then the Sisterlocks shampoo again to make sure the tea tree shampoo didn't leave any conditioning agents in my hair. I looked like a pick-a-ninny for a day, while letting my hair dry in a braid out. I slept on the braids overnight.  This morning I removed each rubber band and carefully curled only the relaxed ends with a curling iron. I rubbed Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil on my hands. There was a very light layer of oil left on my skin.  I then ran my fingers through my hair to separate.  The result looked pretty good. I don't think I have much slippage or bunching, and my parts seem a little less visible. Next time I think I'll wash in the evening.



1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of my beginning, keep the faith and be strong. It is well worth the wait. You look great...Congratulations

    ReplyDelete